There are 10 ways to control air pollution. You may not be able to do all of them, but you can do most of them. Your choice will depend on the level of air pollution in your area and what effect it is having on you and your family.
10 Ways to Control Air Pollution
1) No.1 – Let’s start with the level of air pollution in your city or town. Has it increased over the last few years? Have you felt like you can’t breathe? Those feelings are usually caused by higher levels of air pollution. That means more smog days and more people suffering from asthma attacks. The more people affected, the higher the cost for them will be, so if you can help reduce the level of air pollution that affects you and your family, you may want to consider doing so.
2) No.2 – You may decide to control air pollution by driving a car that gets better gas mileage. That would mean driving to areas of high pollution where you can avoid driving. Of course, it would also mean taking public transit more, but it is one of the many ways to control air pollution.
3) No.3 – The level of pollution in the soil is another factor. Do you know what the soil composition is? If you have to live where there is poor air quality, you can bet that your soil is polluted. So, you might want to think about planting some trees to offset some of the pollutions that happens on a daily basis.
4) No.4 – There are chemicals in everything from the paint on your car to the paper you read. Those chemicals come from factories that use volatile organic chemicals. Volatile organic chemicals are gases that can irritate the skin and cause respiratory and digestive problems. They are widely used because they are cheap, but they are also bad for the atmosphere. Cutting down on their use could cut back on air pollution.
5) No.5 – A big worry about pollution is the effect it has on the environment. In fact, if it is not controlled, it could wipe out the life on earth. It will kill plants and animals, and it will change the climate of the ocean, which affects the weather. All forms of pollution contribute to global warming. So, controlling pollution levels is essential to preventing global warming. You can cut down on the number of chemicals that enter the atmosphere by recycling newspapers and other materials that you buy.
6) No.6 – Another one of way to control air pollution is to get rid of indoor air pollution. There are many things that contribute to the air pollution in your homes, such as furnaces, dryer lint, and cigarette smoke. When you are at home, you cannot control the air that you are breathing. But, you can control the air that comes into your home through an exhaust fan or by installing an air filter. In fact, an air filter can reduce the number of times that you would need to use an air purifier.
7) No.7 – One of the biggest sources of air pollution is from factories that operate with no proper ventilation systems. In fact, most factories that operate in the city do not have proper ventilation systems installed. These pollutants are particulates that have been released from the factory, so they will end up back where they originated, in your lungs.
8) No.8 – Another way to fight air pollution is to have a clean car. Carpool if you can, and avoid the abuse of tailgating when there is traffic congestion. You should also be careful when parking your car in a garage and make sure that there are no leaks.
9) No.9 – One of the best ways to fight air pollution is to clean your home. Make sure that you have fresh air circulating throughout your home, and clean your house on a regular basis. This includes cleaning out your chimney on a monthly basis. It might also be a good idea to take the air out of your home on a regular basis to help reduce the number of pollutants that you are breathing inside of your home.
10) No.10 – Air pollution is something that people have to deal with every single day. There are several different pollutants that are causing the air to be unhealthy in this country. Fortunately, there are simple things that you can do to control the number of pollutants that are getting into your home. If you want to clean air in your home, you can follow these steps and make the most of your clean air.