In the forests of course we have all heard about fires. It is one of the biggest man-made disasters. Every year a large number of people die in forest fires. Prevention is better than cure. Even though it takes a lot of time and effort, we can still try to prevent fire accidents. Here are 7 tips to avoid fire in the forest.
9 Tips to Prevent Fire in Forest
1) Tip No.1 – First of all, make sure that you do not leave any open fire. We always hear of big fires in the forest, which result in massive forest fires. Avoid such dangers by having a fire extinguisher on hand. This is one of the best ways to fight against forest fires. You should also have a proper lookout system in place so that if there is a fire happening anywhere in the forest you will be able to get there quickly.
2) Tip No.2 – Secondly, make sure that you clear all the rubbish that has accumulated in the forest. It is very important that we clear away all the rubbish that collects in the forest. This helps in preventing the growth of fungus and bacteria. Also, clear away any rubbish that has been used for a long time. By doing this you can reduce the risk of a forest fire.
3) Tip No.3 – Another way to fight against forest fires is to use firewood as often as possible. This will help you save on fuel and also keeps you away from the risk of catching fire. You should also keep away from timber that has been treated with chemicals. These woods can catch fire very easily and can even result in a forest fire. So make sure you check your forests for treated woods.
4) Tip No.4 – You should always make sure that your clothes are not too small for you. Clothes play an important role in protecting us from the heat and the cold. You should always wear light-colored clothes that can reflect the heat and also make sure that you are wearing something warm when it’s cold outside.
5) Tip No.5 – Make sure that your children do not play in the forest. Children who play outside are more likely to get hurt by wildlife such as snakes and insects. Always make sure that your kids play in the safety of the forest. And you should teach them the importance of respect for the wildlife in the forest.
6) Tip No.6 – You should never throw any kind of trash in the forest. The trash in the forest can be harmful to wildlife. Always make sure you keep your trash away from animals and away from the place where there are small animals. In case you are throwing a piece of garbage in the forest, then you should try and find out what caused the accident. Accidents usually occur due to improper disposal. You should also be careful if you are taking any kind of fish from the pond.
7) Tip No.7 – Another one of the tips to prevent fire in the forest is to keep away from unnecessary inflammable objects. If you keep on doing this then you will find that most fires in the forest tend to occur. Also, it is very important to stay away from large potted plants and trees. They will catch fire very easily and cause forest fires. So make sure you keep the potted plants away from the area where there are forest fires.
8) Tip No.8 – You should also make sure that you have a proper logbook and you should always take it with you whenever you go near the forest. You should also carry some special tools like an ax, brush cutter and a shovel in case you encounter any kind of situation in the forest. One of the main tips to prevent fire in the forest is to call the fire department at the first instance of any kind of a forest fire. They will give you the required help and you will be able to save the lives of the people in the area.
9) Tip No.9 – Another of the useful tips to prevent fire in the forest is to plant trees in the right way. This means that you should plant trees in the right place and at the right time. You should also ensure that you do not cut down trees that are polluting the environment. If you follow all these steps then you will be able to save lots of lives.
Apart, from the above tips to prevent fire in the forest there are also many other techniques which can be used to save the forest and the animals. You should try and collect as much information as possible about the animal life in the forest so that you do not create any problems for them. You should also make sure that you do not cut down the tree of the animal which is around you. These are some of the simple things that you should remember if you want to save the environment.